Not all pages or posts within your Website should have social media shares and likes
There is a brilliant article on how to add social media likes to your WordPress website using the “Tweek Like PlusOne” plugin. The article is brilliant. I really liked the way that this just works, when the plugin is activated within WordPress for the website in question.
Some pages/posts should be excluded from displaying these social media shares and likes.
So to exclude them do the following:
- Determine the page number of the pages/posts that need to be excluded.
- To find out the ID number of the appropriate page/post, take the option inside your WordPress Dashboard to edit that page/post, then click on ‘get shortlink’ button. The number after “?p=” is the page number. You may have to enter that box and press the right arrow key to display the values to the right of the box.
- Repeat the above step for each appropriate page/post.
- Enter your WordPress Dashboard -> Settings -> Tweek Like Plusone.
- Then page down to the “Don’t display on Posts/Page” setting.
- Enter in the appropriate page numbers with a comma between each page number eg ‘14,16’.
- Then update.
Job Done. I hope that you find this useful.
Fingers crossed — I hope that the WordPress Plugin Developers for this WordPress Plugin do not change this process now that I have taken the time to document it for you. 🙂 🙂
If you enjoyed this, have a look at this list of WordPress related articles.